Resume that Grabs Employer’s Attention
In this age of cut-throat competition, thousands of resumes are received by employers. Hence, you must be able to write that hard hitting resume that catches the attention of your employer in those 5 seconds! The best way to catch the attention of the employer in the first glance is by creating appropriate job titles. You must also draw attention to your skill sets that match the job profile you are looking for. Here are some useful tips to create that magic resume for yourself.
* Design that best describe your talent: Employers don’t have so much time screening one resume for a longer period of time. They glance through your resume only for a few seconds. You have to impress your employer within those few seconds. The best way to do this is by highlighting the essential information about yourself in a smart and effective manner. Create a professional and appealing resume design that emphasizes your educational qualifications, work experience and skill sets.
* Create unique resume content: The content of your resume must be unputdownable so that it aptly sells your abilities to your employer. The content of your resume must effectively describe your skills and talents required for the position you have applied for. Any kind of irrelevant content shall be a mismatch for the job role you are looking for. The quality of the resume content also shall ascertain how many interview calls you receive and the level of salary hike you are offered by the top multi-national corporations.
* Use numbers to showcase your achievements: The best way to impress your employer is by using numbers to list your achievements and skill sets. The idea is to quantify your skills. Use of ordinary statements to highlight your skills shall be easily forgotten and your resume shall be skipped or kept aside. Be very, very specific when you are highlighting your expertise.
* The power of words: Use of powerful words or verbs is another way to impress your employer with your skills and acumen. You must choose your words very carefully so that it best describes and matches the level of position you have applied for. For example, if you are applying for the post of a product trainer in a big corporate, then words like ‘trained a team of 20 members for product knowledge’ are effective.
* Highlight your problem solving skills: You must also highlight your problem solving abilities besides your usual qualifications and experience. Today, employers have multiple needs and so you must understand those needs and then showcase yourself effectively in the resume to prove how you can solve those needs.
* Showcase the benefits of your skills: Merely listing of skills shall not produce that magic resume. You must know how to showcase the benefits your employer shall derive by hiring you. A data entry operator might write that he can type 50 words per minute. This is fine. But you must point out how such typing speed shall benefit the company. The best way to describe this is by: ‘Achieved highest production targets of the client maintaining 100 percent accuracy by typing 50 words per minute.’
* Create resume that matches your salary expectations: You must write your resume in such a manner that creates a positive image in the eyes of the employer. Your qualification, experience must match your salary expectation. Your expertise must not look too exaggerated or too humble. You must be able to create that image that presents you at the appropriate level.
* Prioritize your skills: Plan your resume content very carefully. Prioritize your qualification, experiences and skills. List them according to their importance and relevance of the job position you want.